Virginia Tech

Virginia Tech is a NON-PROFIT website

What Happened: The Virginia Tech Massacre

by Kevin Caruso

The Virginia Tech massacre occurred on April 16, 2007, and consisted of two attacks, about two hours apart, in two separate buildings on the Blacksburg, Virginia campus.

A sick, evil loser named Seung-Hui Cho began the massacre at about 7:15 a.m. in West Ambler Johnston Hall, a co-ed dormitory that houses 895 students. It was there that Cho shot and murdered Emily J. Hilsher and Ryan Clark.

Authorities believed that the incident was a domestic dispute and that the murderer left the campus. So although the police cordoned off and investigated the crime scene, the university was not locked down and classes went ahead as scheduled, with the first classes beginning at 8:00 a.m.

“We secured the building, we secured the crime scene,” Virginia Tech Police Chief Wendell Flinchum said.

But Cho did not leave the campus – he was preparing to go on a horrific killing rampage. At about 9:15 a.m., the Satanic coward entered Norris Hall, an engineering and science building, and chained the doors so people could not escape.

He then entered classroom after classroom and shot people indiscriminately – He murdered 25 students and five faculty members and wounded 29 in his rampage at Norris Hall

Campus officials sent out a mass e-mail to students at 9:26 a.m., which read:

“Subject: Shooting on campus

“A shooting incident occurred at West Ambler Johnston earlier this morning. Police are on the scene and are investigating.

“The university community is urged to be cautious and are asked to contact Virginia Tech Police if you observe anything suspicious or with information on the case. Contact Virginia Tech Police at [phone number removed].

“Stay attuned to the We will post as soon as we have more information.”

At 9:55 a.m., the school sent out a second mass e-mail. “Please stay put,” it warned. “A gunman is loose on campus. Stay in buildings until further notice. Stay away from all windows.”

A massive law enforcement response occurred, and police and SWAT officers moved towards the gunfire. And as the police began closing in on Cho, the evil coward killed himself.

The school sent out a third e-mail at 10:17 a.m. announcing that all classes were canceled and repeating the warning for everyone to lock their doors and stay away from windows.

When it was all over, Cho had murdered 32 people, injured 29, and killed himself.

At 10:53 a.m., the school sent out a fourth e-mail, which read:

“Subject: Second Shooting Reported; Police have one gunman in custody

“In addition to an earlier shooting today in West Ambler Johnston, there has been a multiple shooting with multiple victims in Norris Hall.

“Police and EMS are on the scene.

“Police have one shooter in custody and as part of routine police procedure, they continue to search for a second shooter.

“All people in university buildings are required to stay inside until further notice.

“All entrances to campus are closed.”

We honor the angels heroes who lost their lives on that tragic day.

And we pray for evryone who has been affected by this tragedy.

God bless you all.

We love you.


Please visit and honor
the angels we lost:

If you or someone you know is suicidal because of the massacre,
please click below for immediate help: